Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Holiday Travels

In an early attempt to keep up on all the things that I have going this week with the Thanksgiving Holidays, I send you all in the State a Happy Turkey Day a day early. For the rest of you, happy rest of the day of the week.

For those who are in the throws of National Novel Writing Month dont let the distraction of family and other activities to distract you. For me I'm taking the time I'm waiting in airports (like now) to play catch up and hopefully get a head of the curve. If you are ahead in the word count front, don't get lazy. Stay ahead. Taking a day off in this month of testing your writing muscles will make it harder to jump back into the writing flow. (Trust me on this last part, I've fallen to this and am now fighting an uphill battle to get back on track on my word count.) Make sure to set time aside to get that word count in. I've already informed family that if we are just sitting around the house or watching a movie that I will be breaking out the computer to get something written.

Yup, that also means that if you have to wake up early to get those pages in then do it. Even in all the maddness that is the holidays you can find an hour here or there to get your words down.

That being said, don't stress. I'm trying not to about my writing. There are too many other things going on that you don't have control over this holiday season, don't let your writing take that roll. This is one thing that you do have conrol over. So go...write. Let this be a stress releif from travel and family.

Also remember to break out those stretchy pants for your turkey day dinners. Those pesky pants that have no give will find it's way to be as uncomfortable as possible the more you.

Happy Holidays and Happy Turkey Day. Keep up those writing habits and don't overly stress too much over the season. Enjoy having the family you have around you no matter how much they may annoy you at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment