Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Life after NaNoWriMo

Not sure about everyone else, but I've officially survived my first National Novel Writing Month. It was a blur of time and at times a little painful at times. While I've reached the 50,000 word mark, my work is far from completed for my comfort for a first draft. It literally was a boot-camp for good writing habits. As hard as it was working on getting that word count each day, fighting for each and every word, seeing the word count grow was satisfying. With a few moments of pure bliss of the words flowing without having to even think about it was, I had to fight for the word count this month. And let me tell you that when you step back after fighting for words to see how much you achieved is a feeling that I am most proud of. I still have a few thousand words until I have the completed story before the editing begins. And I'm so excited to see how this story has evolved.

This year's project is a complete rewrite of my very first novel I had written while in College. It's crazy to see it change over time and I'm still in love with the story and characters.

Now that NaNoWriMo is over it's time to keep up those good habits you stuck with over the last thirty days. If you can't keep up to that intense schedule then find one that works for you and stick with it. I'm going to be doing this as well. As soon as I find a calendar to update with what I've been doing on my writing on this blog, I will keep everyone up to dated on the wonders of making my way towards authorhood.

High fives to everyone who's stuck with NaNo and for those who weren't able to make the word count keep writing. Remember there is always next year to help strengthen your writing muscles for NaNoWriMo.

Now that December is here it's time to get back to work and get ready for the Holidays.

Oh, before I forget remember to check out Novelous Ladies at www.novelousladies.blogspot.com for book reviews and maybe a few book ideas for gifts. We post new articles every Weekend.

Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment