Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Making progress

In the progress of keeping moving forward in pursing my writing career. And with that I've sent in my application to join the Romance Writers of America, which will then lead to me some great networking opportunities with some amazing women in the Romance industry. Once I get the official word that I'm a member of the RWA I'll be heading to also join the Bay Area chapter so expand my knowledge from those that have the experience that I wish to have one day.

Along with having finally sent in my application to join the RWA, I've registered to go to the Romance Time Book lovers Convention. I heard about it last year from all the talk on Twitter by all the authors that went, and it sounded like a blast. So I've got my ticket and I'm going to Kansas City in May!

When I found out that they are having a pre-con boot camp on writing for publishing, I knew I had to go. The best way to get into an industry is by going into it as knowledgeable as possible. With having a degree in Film Production, working in accounting for construction, it means that I have some learning to when it comes to getting into the publishing world. And to do that without having to go back to school means that I got a good amount of research to do. The research that I choose to do is by reading blogs from the experts that are working in the industry (how do I find that out? go to the publishers websites to see who the editors are). You'd be amazed just how great these people are. They post recommendations, advice, and so much more. Why some people don't take advantage of this I will never know.

Other than finishing your work, never give up, keep writing, and don't let your ego get too big cause no one will want to work with you then no matter how good you might be in reality.

I'm not quite sure if I'll make it to RWA National Conference this year since it might end up conflicting with my sisters wedding. OMG, I don't think I've said anything about that yet. My sister is getting married this year to a great guy. She's the first in of my sisters to tie the knot. I might be in a different state than she is but I'm doing my damnedest to be there for all the big events for her. That means that I might not be going to Atlanta this year. And I'm totally okay with that. Conferances happen every year, my sister getting married doesn't.

Okay in hopes to keep my girly side in check I'll stop talking about my sister getting married and get back to work on writing and reading for the Novelous Ladies blog.

Whoo this year will be a good year, I can feel it. RWA member (soon to be), finishing another novel, and getting more of my work out there to find the right agent for me and my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment