Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Reading

With the start of the Novelous Ladies blog I started with a few friends, I had set a goal of trying to read a book a week to review for the site. To be able to do this I would have to spend the week when I'm not at my day job reading, and spend the weekend writing for both my novels and blogs that I keep. And while I haven't been able to keep up with this fully, though I've been doing a pretty good job of keeping pretty darn close to this goal with having everyday life interfering, I've figured a few things out.

1. I read slower on an e-reader, ipad, then I do with a hard or paper back book
2. I will never hate having a physical book in my hands, with the smell and feel of the paper in my hands
3. As much as I wish I could carry all the different books with me at all times, traveling with an e-reader does help keep my purse and luggage lighter, having to turn off your reader for certain times of the fights and running out of batter sucks.
4. I love the fact that I have the options of both e-books and books

I've realized that the last several months with the holidays and traveling that I've been doing all my reading on my ipad and I've missed the feel of a good book in my hands. The smell of the paper, curled up in bed or on my favorite chair in my living room with my fuzzy blanket just isn't quite the same as with my ipad. Personally I'm a easily distracted, I've most likely have detoured to other webpages at least 9 times in the process of writing this blog, and having access to the internet and games with the ipad sometimes gets in my way of reading. Even if I love the book I still seem to get pulled away at times. Not sure if that is just me or an everybody things, but it's different with a physical book. Yes, I'll still admit that I get distracted with them as well, but I find that I've falling more into there stories easier than I do the e-reader.

Will I keep reading with an e-reader? Hells to the yes. I got at least 20 books on there ready and waiting for me to read to at any one time. Will I continue reading paperback and hardcover books? Hell to the yes. Some times convenience of having a e-reader just needs to be put aside. I love the fact that I have a bookcase that is dedicated to books that I have yet to read and will it will continue to see books come and go from it, as I add and move the rest to my have read bookshelves. What can I say? I love books and one day when I get my own house/apartment will have a office that I can dedicated to having nothing but walls covered in books. Guess that would fall into having a library. You get the point.

Anyways, it's time for me to take a little break from my e-reader for now as I've just enjoyed reading a novel by Robyn Carr and will begin a novel by Molly O'Keefe that I will later be reviewing on Novelous Ladies.

But, I'm curious, what do others think about e-readers? Do you read more on your e-reader now then you ever did before? Or do you rather stick with the classic paper and hardcover books? Or are you like me and like both?

No comments:

Post a Comment