Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Exploring Essential Oils

In the past I'd talked about some stomach issues that I battle with. In the last three months I've found out about essential oils. Specifically from my sister who uses them with her massage clients. Since my sister, E, her husband, and my cousin have become distributors (no not like drug dealers, get that out of your head) I've really started to dive in to exploring all the uses of essential oils, and I have to say that I'm hooked.

I had done a two months of doTerra's Life Long Vitality pack and while I was waiting for a new shipment to arrive I can tell you that I feel horrible. I knew that the vitamin combo had helped some with my stomach, but I hadn't realized just how much it affected other parts of my life. With out them I can tell you that I felt sluggish. I didn't sleep nearly as well. I was grumpy and my stomach issues have come back with a vengeance.

Let's put it this way, after going almost a month with out these I am now making sure that I will not go with out. Personally I'll take the horse size pills over feeling like crap. Life is stressful enough if these, and so far they have, help with my energy levels on top of keeping the flu bugs that come with winter away I will take them.

The company recommends that you take four of each, but let me tell you that with the size of the pills, I can't do that. Did it once and my stomach felt so full and gross I've changed it up. After talking with E, the athletic trainer and my go to person for all things health and wellness (www.newdawnsports.com) she agreed that it's fine to down the dosage. So, now I take two of each in the morning and at night. That way I have the healthy balance of the essential oils in my system. Which after feeling like hell for a few weeks, I stick to.

I find it amusing that I also now carry a small pack with sample vials of oils that I now use daily on top of my now daily vitamins. I always find it hilarious the looks I get when I pull out a small vial and put some drops of lemon or peppermint, or lavender, or OnGuard into my water or a drop on my wrist. There is still a lot that I want to learn about Essential Oils, and I've decided that you my lovely readers get to learn with me.

Like many women I hate dieting and the gross tasting health foods, but for some reason these essential oils seems less drastic. Maybe cause it's all natural therapeutic grade oils. Maybe it's cause I see the positive changed it's had my families lives. Maybe that's because I can now play apothecary and I'm not restricting myself in what I'm doing. Restricting I find that we all crash and burn harder than if we allow ourselves to partake in the tasty goodness of food that isn't so healthy. So if I can combat most of my sweet cravings (soda the most in exchange for peppermint or some other oils in my water) then I'll do it. Plus I like playing apothecary.

If you want to check out doTerra the company that I use, go a head. My mind was pretty much blown with all the different benefits and uses that these therapeutic oils can be used for. No they aren't a cure. No they don't fix everything. But they have made my life easier, and I don't like to push things on people that I don't or haven't used and enjoyed using.

And thus now end my talk about exploration of essential oils, specifically the Life Long Vitality pack that I am now hooked on. Don't worry it's a good hooked, not the bad kind....I can quit anytime I want. Just like reading, after I finish this one chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment