Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Log lines from hell

I have been trying to come up with a log line for my screenplay for the past two weeks or so. One sentence should not be that hard to write. Or atleast that is what I thought. But I think I now have narrowed it down to two different choices. And it only took me sitting at work looking at my paragraph discription to be able to narrow it down. I know I know I should have been working on accounting since that is what I do, but what else am I supposed to do when there is nothing in my inbox. lol. Any ways, I didn't get the nerve to give my pitch last week in class and will have to give it tomorrow. Kind of freaking out about it, since Im not the best public speaker. I mean Im not the worst, but I do have a tendency to talk fast and as I have reciently learned, when talking about my ideas in class, I get nice and splotchy. Not fun. Its not that fact that Im scared to get the constructive critisizm, but the fact that no one will understand my idea. I have talked it through with the roomies and they have been a great help to clean up my ideas, which I really dont think I would be able to get through my class with out them. Crazy I know, but its nice to be able to have some one actually interested in what Im doing and not have them just saying it.

So what is my log lines that I have now narrowed down from a paragraph to two different one or two sentences you ask? Well I guess I will be nice and put them up. Here they are:

1. Drew has her life after high school planned out, but that all changes when aked to join a secret council to help find a powerful amulet that she had once owned in a past life.

and...

2. Drew is asked to join a secret council when she starts to have flashbacks of past lives, only to find that the invite was a ploy to help find a powerful artifact that she had once hidden from those who seek it now.

Im thinking that Im going to pitch the second one to my class. I think that it covers more of the story then the other one. Ahh Im so nervous. Time to not think about it for a while.

Work is a calling me back to the salt mines. Till a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment