Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

More and More Writing

So in my screenwriting class not only do I have to do my individual script but also a group script. Though for the group project we are only taking to the treatment stage I still find it in a ways annoying. I know that the working in the group is good for the future when we are working with others on projects that we are getting paid to do, but this right now is a bit annoying, since its a group of 6 people who can't seem to find time to meet other then an hour before the class starts. And let me just tell you that I don't like not being properly prepared when it comes to presenting something. I mean on my individual pitch I must have rewritten it about a thousand different times and still feel that it needs some work. I do admit that there are times when working in a group does help the creativity with having different peoples input, but it doesn't help if you cant get together to do it. I know that my group will be fine in the end. I just would like it if we could make sure that we get the work done more then an hour before class.

Any ways I have just sent out my application to work at the Sundance Film Festival that happens this January. Dont think that I will get hired for the positions that I applied for, but I figure that it doesn't hurt to try. And if I don't get it then Im just going to volunteer full time so that I am still able to go network and maybe end up getting a job from one of the many filmmakers that will be there. I would be amazing if that would happen. Plus my friend who is now in LA trying to get her foot in to the industry is attempting to be a creative assistant to some German producer. Im really hoping that she gets the job since it would be a great experience. Not to mention that she would be able to travel to Europe all the time. That is like my dream job right now. And who knows if she is able to get it and they need another person and she could just happen to drop my name. lol. I can dream. I know that it is going to be a long track in to the film industry and one of the hardest parts is to just get your foot in the door. It is going to be really nice to have a friend who is going through the same things as I will. Even if she will end up having about 7 more months of a head start then I will.

I just have to make it down to LA to really have more opportunities, but it seems now days that everyone and there mother is going there to try to make there big break. But I don't want to limit myself to just having to go to LA. At this point in my life I have nothing holding me back to letting me travel and move every couple of months. I guess that is one of the benefits of being single and having friends only be a phone call away.

Up wards and onwards. There is no reason why my dreams can't come true. Just have to keep my sights on them and not get discouraged by all the failures before that one success story.

No comments:

Post a Comment