Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

No Regrets

One of the many resolutions this year is to really give it a go in the publishing world. Meaning that I wouldn't just write for me. But to really do research on what it takes to get published as well as finding a way to get a job working with in a literary agency. So no regrets this year. I'm going to put myself and my writing out there. If not now then when?

Yes there is always the fear that my writing isn't good enough and that no one is going to like it. Then again who I don't think I will fully get over that insecurity. That being said I took my first real leap into the world of no regrets. I have registered for the Romance Writers of America conference this year. This is going to be the first time that I get to interact with people who are established in the publishing world. It's also a place where I will have a chance to pitch with an agent.

Yup im super excited and scared shitless. But a good scared. Now I have a deadline to get my finished manuscript clean, pitches figured out, summaries made and time to calm myself for this big step.

No regrets people! Take the risk when it comes to moving forward in the career that you want. If you don't take any chances there is no way to know if or when you can make your dreams come true. It might take time to make your goals become a reality, but don't let your insecurities hold you back. Take a deep breath and jump in.

Three months till RWA and I'm super stoked. Follow my lead and have no regrets. Go for after your dream. I know I am! Good luck all and rooting for you the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment