Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Last minute

I'm the youngist of four girls and two of my sisters have been skating Roller Derby for the last six years. And from the beginning they were naturals at it and have excelled in the Derby world to be some of the top skaters, traveling around the country to compete as well as coach. So when I heard that this weekend would be the last time that Team Legit (flat track skaters from different leagues across the nation) will be skating at Battle on the Bank V, I knew I had to go. With my sisters being in different leauges in different states, it's rare for them to skate with each other competeively let alone against eachother. My mission is set. Find a way to get to the Seattle area this coming up weekend so that I can spend some time with my family cheering them on in doing something that they love to do. Team Legit is currently the reigning champs on the bank track tourniment, so I have to find a way to get there. And I did. With a new car I know that I have a reliable car to get me there, its going to be long drive. Around 14 to be exact. So why not fly? Well it's just cheaper to drive then fly. With a fantastic boss that is letting me take monday off in order not have to rush back right back. The drive is going to be a long drive and I'm super excited about seeing my family, so it's 100% worth it. Sometimes you have to take your plans to relax at home and trash it, in order to go enjoy time with your family no matter how far it is. I know it will be fun. No matter how exhausted I will be from a long drive, seeing my sisters do something they love means the world to me. It's been weeks since I've been able to sit down for a long period of time to write and I have alot of travel plans this summer, so it's going to be hard to find the time to fit it in to that time. It's frustrating cause I get itchy to write, but it's not always possible. But when I do get the time I find that I'm more productive than other times. I guess it's a blessing in disguise. It makes me wonder if I'd get more work done if I had time to work every day instead of every few days. Guess I'll never know. As long as I keep taking baby steps forwards to finishing a work then I'm a happy camper. Would I like to finish faster? Hell to the yes. But if that means that I have to give up time to spend with my family then I rather spend time with my family. So Im happy that I'm able to go on a road trip to see my sisters. Even if that means that I have to put my writing time to the side. I'll find some time some where and I'm still making progress, but family is important to me and I'd do anything for them. Well I got to go get some writing done while I can. I'll post later how my weekend went next week. Keep making progess in your goals and I'll do the same. Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment