Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Making Everyone Happy...

...you just can't do it. As hard as you try to do this, it's not healthy and in the end find that you are more miserable then you should be.

I was going to write a long personal blog about struggling with making friends and family members happy at the sake of your own. I realized that it is far harder to write about. To be able to explain finding a balance in a relationship and that it shouldn't be one persons job to drop everything they have planned to help someone every time they call. Once sided relationships aren't healthy. No matter who they are with. Family members, friends, significant others...anyone really.

So, I leave you with this small post about making sure that in the end you make yourself happy. Don't make yourself miserable by doing anything and everything to make others happy. Relationships need to be balanced. It's about give and take and compromise.

Personally I struggle with this since it had always been ingrained in me that I have to make others happy to have them want to be around me. As an adult I realize that this is not the case. Yet, it is a hard habit to break and one that I am still working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment