Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014, Farewell 2013

Like everyone else this time of year we all look back at the year that has passed us by far faster than we had expected it to only to look forward for the upcoming year. What will it hold for us? What will we change? What are our new goals that we want to achieve? What do we never want to go through again?

With the changing of the calendar it's time to start anew chapter in our lives. For me I'm making my resolutions and goals obtainable. I'm not going to say that I'm going to lose the 50 pounds I'd like to. No I'm going to start taking steps into making sure that I'm taking better care of myself into a healthier life. That means eating healthier without punishing myself if I want a piece of pie. It also means that it's time I start taking the time to exercise even if I means just going for a walk. I'm also planning on writing as much as I can building a backlog of work while I balance out editing and marketing. I'm also planning on making sure to take time for a personal life, as hard as that is with a day job and starting my writing career as a published author.

2014 is the year that I can say that I'm a published author. As I'm planning on self publishing at least one novel a year. This makes it an obtainable goal on my own. 2014 is where I take a flying leap into making my long term goal of writing a full time writer possible.

Is that long term goal possible to make happen in 2014? Hell to the no. But this year is a hug step closer into making this happen.

While looking forward into the excitement and the hard work that will come in the next year I take a quick glance to last year. I've made so many wonderful author friends that I know I will keep for years to come. All for taking a leap of faith in going to a conference alone. It's a lesson I don't take lightly. Some times that leap of faith pays back in tenfold. I've gained with these women not only friendships, but cheerleaders, teachers, confidants, and inspiration. For that I am grateful for 2013.

I chose to not look upon the negative of 2013 only to learn from what has happened. The big one is to find a balance of work and play. To keep your close friendships going. And for that I let slip in 2013. I'm going to try to not let that happen as much in the next year.

Anyways, I hope you all had a wonderful and safe New Years and have a great 2014 that lay ahead. Even with the ups and it's down, I can't wait to see where it will take me.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment