Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

One Last Conference

Since I'm a little crazy, I've decided to add one more conference in this year. In October I will be attending the Greater Seattle Romance Writers of America's Chapter's conference, the Emerald City Writers Conference. It will be my first time attending a smaller conference as I've only gone to RT and RWA Nationals.

I'm excited to see the difference between the larger conferences and a smaller one. One thing that I'm already loving is there Gem Mentor program, where they will match up newbies to the con to a vet, so that they will help guide them getting ready to attend and meet up once the conference starts. On top of that they will be having a speed dating workshop on finding a crit partner. These were two major selling points for me personally. As I don't have a crit partner at the moment and know the value of them. Plus who doesn't love the Pacific Northwest that is filled with some amazing authors.

In 2014 I've already started to plan out my Conference/Convention schedule here it is to date:

-RT 2014 in New Orleans
-RWA Nationals in Texas I believe
-SF Writers Conference (this one is a maybe, as due to funding, but who knows it is in my city)

Once ECWC is over I will make sure to post about all the wonderful adventures I'm sure to have meeting some lovely people. Cause in the end writers are some of the most amazing and passionate people I've ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment