Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Wedding Craziness

No, I wasn't the one to get married. One of my big sisters (I have 3) got married last weekend. E is the first of us four girls to get married and I'm so happy for her and my new brother (for some reason I hate saying in-law, he's family now no need to point out that he chose to join our crazy family). The festivities were last weekend, hence why there was no post with all the craziness going on.
E & MJ cutting the cake. Noms!

So here is an update on the wonders of the week I was visiting family in Utah while trying to lend as much help as possible to ease the stress of putting on a wedding, especially one with the insane dynamics that run in my family alone.

Sorry writing, but you took a major back seat to this major event in my sisters life.

It's not very often that we are able to get all four of us sisters together, let alone get us with extended family. But E was able to get everything together and it was a great wedding even with the little blips I call it a major success. I commend my sister and new brother for not letting the stress of doing a wedding by themselves tear them apart. That's right they did it 100% on there own. No wedding planner. Whenever E got upset (as normal with any wedding that you are taking on) he wouldn't let her run from the problem letting it feel like it's the worst thing than slice bread but would chase after her to help work through it. In a matter of minutes E would be back with a smile on her face and we all would move on to the next thing. I commend my new bro in this matter. He doesn't just let his new wife go be upset at anything, he goes holds her hand and work through it together. They truly are a team.

I already like M, my brother-in-law, but the fact that he is willing to fight to break down walls with family members who might be more hesitant to get to know him and he is always there for my sister, as she is for him, makes me appreciate him even more. They are both hard workers in there everyday life they both need that moral support to help take on every day stress of running their own businesses.

Normal wedding arguments didn't last long, as they work as a team to get through it. And they did. Even with it raining during the out door wedding, thank goodness for covers spaces, and a half hour late, everyone had a smile on their face as us girls looked up into the sky saying thanks to the weather God that might not have given us the sun we desired, but blessed us with rain in a gorgeous botanical garden a a sight of a new clean chapter in E and M's new life as man and wife.

Still looking fab in the rain.
Even though it rained on the day of the wedding, and the kids that were there loved playing in it with the field games that were supposed to be enjoyed by everyone, we still looked fabulous determined to not let the rain bring us down. And we didn't.

Good thing that we all like the rain. Going with the flow as things popped up. Bonus it made the flowers and grass all the brighter and more enjoyable as we declared to dance in the rain after the photos. Fortunately and unfortunately the rain stopped after dinner and photos were taken so no dancing in the rain this time. Maybe next time we will all go in our fancy dresses to frolic in the rain together.

The week was great, going by way too quickly. Though you'd think that I'd learn by now to drink more water to help battle altitude sickness that I always get, and the impending heat exhaustion that comes with the summer heat. What? I'm a delicate flower that lives in a city that rarely gets to be over 70 degrees let alone come out of the fog. Though I now have learned about essential oils to help out with that, but more on that on a later post.

I got to play on the family farm, pick fresh corn from the field of my Grandmothers field, ride a four wheeler with cousins kids on the back yelling to go faster, made friends with Norman the cow, enjoy the Peach Day Festival, relax at a hot spring, got to know M's close family more, and get to see my paternal grandparents that I've maybe only seen a handful of times through out my life. Best thing of that week, was seeing my sister marry her best friend. I've always looked up to E as she has always stuck to her morals, ethics and put in the hard work to make her dreams come true. Even if some of our family doesn't have the same views (both antimarriage and traditional mormon views). The things that she as accomplished amazes me. I'm proud to call her sister.

Peach Day Festival Margaritas. What? No booze?
At the Peach Day Festival
 Oh, my goodness I forgot to tell you about the Peach Day Festival. The day before the wedding we went to a hot springs about an hour outside of Ogden UT to relax with no talking of the wedding, since that was all that was talked about that week. Getting to the hot spring before they opened we went back to a small town, Brigham City, where they were having a Peach Day Festival.

Why not enjoy some vendor shopping and carnival food? While there we found cool Margaritas to stay off the heat, but I wouldn't call them a Margarita as the sign suggested. More like a slushy. It's Utah, there really isn't much booze around. So they had to say that the Margarita Ville was sans alcohol. That wasn't our only find, they had purses for concealed weapons. Um ok. Guess every lady needs a fancy animal print purse to hold there guns. Ty was determined to buy me one. I told her she could if they had one in a style I'd actually use...not that I carry a gun with me or even own one. She conceded in my rule and we left the festival for the hot spring sans purse, but with a slushy pretending to be a margarita.

Even with all the stress of the wedding and family that doesn't always get along, and unhelpful groomsmen, everyone had a good time even finding a semblance of a balance of quality family time. And with family time comes vampire movies and lots of pictures. See below for proof that we take weird photos. Our Dad had rented a car that had a backup cam. Of course that meant that we had to take a photo of Ty on main street with her boba tea on the screen that was telling us that if we backed up that not only would we have a squished Ty but we would go directly into her eye. Haha.
Back up cam photo op

I now leave you to dive in to revisions. As my hands are twitching to get some writing done. I hope you all have had a great week and go into the weekend with some relaxation and joy. One thing I've learned this past weekend is that you need to find time relax and know that it's not the end of the world. That walking down the street holding your siblings or loved one's hand can help ease any overwhelming emotions that you might have. Cause in the end you know that you aren't alone. That you can do anything you put your mind to. Even if you fall they are there with a helping hand even if if they are states away.

This is why I write romance. To create a book that makes you have the feels, that lets you know that anything is possible and that you are never alone even if you feel like you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment