Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Mating by Nicky Charles

In the search for an author I've never read before and wanting to try out my new e-reader I dove in the iTunes library for my next adventure. I've always found going to the free ebooks kind of like rush and roulette, you never quite know what you're going to find. Some have a great concept but are missing that polished touch to help smooth the story out. And well in Nicky Charles The Mating I found a series that is on my must read list. The first book in her Law of the Lycans, you can continue to enjoy Nicky's characters after you are hooked by The Mating.

This paranormal romance is about Elise who never thought that she would be the pawn to seal an alliance when her father has her mated with a complete stranger an Alpha of a neighboring pack.

Not your typical werewolf genre you are empathetic to what Elise is going through, when she goes through with the arranged marriage and it not being to the man she is in love in. Wanting the best for her pack Elise goes with her new husband Kane. Struggling to be an Alpha's wife while struggling with finding a way to be accepted by her new pack mates, and finds herself falling for her husband all the while there is a threat to the Pack's land.

Charles' world she created is believable one that make you believe the world she craftily brings to life. No relationship is easy and being a werewolf doesn't make things any easier. Slowly as Elise begins to fall for her husband Kane, so do you. Though like any man you want to smack him upside his head every once and a while. With the excitement of the mystery of the threat of their land the story keeps you on your toes.

If you're anything about me then you will absolutely love her books. Personally I couldn't put her books down once I started them and I hope you all enjoy her work as much as I have. And I can't wait to read more of her work.

You can find all of Nicky Charles' novels can be found at

Also check out her website at https://sites.google.com/site/nickycharlesbooks/home

No comments:

Post a Comment